Sunday 5 July 2015

A tale of two boats

I have been slipping slightly with updating my blog recently. That doesn't mean that I have not been taking any photographs recently.

PS Waverley has recently started her summer season on the Clyde. I took some photos of her a couple of weeks ago passing Port Glasgow lighthouse. She is the world's last seagoing passenger carrying paddle steamer and is well loved wherever she goes.


A world apart from the varnished timbers of the paddle steamer is the luxury superyacht Eclipse. Delivered to Roman Abramovich in 2010, she is the worlds second largest private yacht.

She anchored off Greenock on Tuesday morning and remained there overnight before sailing to Rothesay Bay the next day.

I took these pictures from the Esplanade shortly before midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment